domingo, 17 de maio de 2009

May It Be

What is the point in being with someone?
Why are you surrounded by people?
Are you not alone?
Are you not bothered?
How come almost everyone around you be not dear?
Can you change people?
Are you keeping yourself from changing for much more time?
Change yourself, is it too difficult?

Come, hold my hand…
Melt your thoughts into mine…
Let me be for you more than you are to yourself…
I grant you no bothering.
I’ll provide you faithful and everlasting company.
What’s the point of being far from me?
Is it so hard?
Won’t you come back?

My mind is playing tricks on me.
My thoughts are too dirty.
My mouth speaks of things unholy.
And I am running away from your presence.
I’m afraid and lazy.
I feel kind of comfortable, but not at all satisfied and happy.

I know how you feel.
I have seen how low you are.
Your life is not what you want it to be.
The adventures you plan are clear emptiness…
You weren’t all filled yet.
You haven’t really felt me in power.
Whatever you got from me was only little…

Well, who am I to disagree?
You know me better than I do myself…
As the psalmist wrote, I can’t be hidden from your eyes…
I ask you then, in fear, even in dread for I don’t know you that much.
Won’t you fill me then?
Won’t you show me your power in reality?
Won’t you give me more?
Forgive me if I am disrespectful, you now it’s not my intention…
I just want to give up on this little life I’m living down here.
I wish you came and moved me, changed my life…
I just want to walk the path you have set for me to trace…
I just can’t see the directions very clearly; if I can, then I’m blinded.
I don’t even know if what I’m saying is right.

I will take care of you, just lean on me.
As my Word says; “I’ll never let your feet stumble.”
“You’ll fly like an eagle and not get tired.”
Just come, let me show you again how to follow me straight.
Pay attention on me, don’t look sideways.
Pay attention on me.
On me.

May it be.
Here I am, do as you please.
I don’t know how to do it, and then I give up trying.
It’s in your hands; my life is in your hands.
Walk me through the way.
I’m with you.
Love,
Your son…

Gabriel Marchezini
May 17, 2009

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário